Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Awesome Artwork Made with Sharpies

Nowadays, Sharpie markers come in more than basic black––they’re available in every color of the rainbow, and in just about every size and shape. They’re great for everyday labeling and organizing, but did you know that they could also be used to decorate everything from guitars to fingernails? WD teamed with Sharpie to find the most unique creations from talented artists across the globe. From a Lamborghini turned objet d’art to a wall mural, check out how different artists uncapped their creativity. - By Olivia Putnal

Get inspired to draw outside the lines with these 5 marker masterpieces.


George Ramos spent two weeks on this intricately designed Lamborghini––he used Sharpie markers to create the design and then topped it off with a clear coat of paint to protect the pattern. The car was displayed at the Concorso Italiano, a festival celebrating Italian style, in Monterey, California, and received plenty of appreciative nods. Photo courtesy of George Ramos.



Peter Bragino created a custom design on his Ibanez guitar using an industrial-strength Sharpie marker––no sanding or topcoat was needed to preserve the long-lasting design. He penned this intricate work of art at his Brooklyn, New York, art gallery, THECEEFLAT. Photo courtesy of Peter Bragino.


Okat can always go barefoot thanks to his custom trompe-l’oeil shoes. Tracing his own feet over a pair of slip-on Vans first with pencil, he then drew over the lines with a black Sharpie. He used acrylic paint to fill in the feet with a shade close to his own skin tone. At first glance, you wouldn’t even know these were shoes—they almost look like the real thing! Photo courtesy of Iamokat.com.


One day Charlie Kratzer took a look at his basement’s bare, cream-colored walls and decided to spice things up a bit. Instead of using wallpaper or paint, the lawyer picked up $10 worth of Sharpie markers. He used famous people and works of art as inspiration for this grand illustration. And Sharpie artwork was the just the beginning for this budding artist—he learned to paint, and now displays his works upstairs as well. Photo courtesy of Charlie Kratzer.

What could you turn into Sharpie Art? Think about it and let me know what your idea is. Post your thoughts in the comment box below.

Mrs. Dowker

12 comments:

  1. what i would make with a sharpie marker's would probabaly be the nails or my walls that seems really creative!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would turn my cat into sharpie art because it would be like having a painting walking around your house and you can pet it or i would do one on my sister when shes sleeping to mess with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love too do some sharpy art on my white shoes! i think it would be a lot of fun and a very creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would turn my phone into sharpie art, it'd be so awesome to have a phone, thatwas swirly rainbow colours, wooohooo.
    Or I'd turn a sweater into sharpie art that'd be pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The things I would turn into sharpie art is my phone the nails and the wall. On my nails I would try to make them look like rainbows and on my wall I would have a whole the names of a bunch of famous people on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would turn my xbox into sharpie art because it would look cool and be very creative

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would turn my laptop into sharpie art since i use it all day and it would be better to look at since it is always dirtay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would use Sharpie Art for just about anything I use especially my nails,room,tablet,and my phone. I would use Sharpie Art because I find it that it would look cool,colourful,pretty,and stylish (better then boring one colour)!
    I extremely liked the nail photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would turn my BlackBerry into a "Sharpie Art" Mostly because it is something I use daily and it would be very fun and colorful to look at and show it off to people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would change my walls into sharpie art, i would do that because my walls are coverd in posters , and i thik it wold look super cool .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would turn my XBOX 360 into sharpie art because it would look really cool and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!





    Sharpie Paint Markers

    ReplyDelete